Master‘s program application platform
Notice:The online application framework is currently work in progress. If you notice errors or if something is unclear, please contact us.
What can I apply for?
- On this web-based application platform, candidates can apply for admission to our Master‘s program in „Cognitive Science“
- Candidates from Germany have to use the Regular Application.
- All candidates can find further information about the application and selection procedure at the „How to apply“ page.
Applicants from Germany that wish to be evaluated before the end of the application deadline (30.08.2020), please register and apply as well using this web-based application platform.
Additionally, you have to use the Regular Application.
Deadlines for the application to the Master program for candidates from foreign countries needing a visa are…
- for the winter semester 2020/21: April 30, 2020
For candidates already holding a visa and for candidates from the EU, the application deadlines are…
- for the winter semester 2020/21: July 15, 2020
For German candidates, the application deadlines are…
- for the winter semester 2020/21: August 31, 2020
Please note that for the verification of foreign qualifications and certificates, the University of Kaiserslautern has to charge an assessment fee of 50 Euros. Some exceptions apply. For further information, please consult „Assessment fee“.
Application step by step
- Prepare your necessary documents as PDF-Files in advance (see the list given below)
- Register on our web-based application platform, fill out the form and upload your documents at your personal login page.
You don´t have to complete the application process in one step, you can log in and modify your application data repeatedly. When you are done, please press „Submit Application“.
- We will start to evaluate your application after the application deadline, if payment of the assessment fee is received until one week after this deadline, and will contact you in case we have further questions.
- We will inform you about the result of the application by e-mail.
Please don´t ask about the status of your application. You can find your application data and status on your personal login page.
You can find further information about the application and selection procedure at the „How to apply“ page .
Can I apply before I finish my degree?
In case you do not finish your degree before the application deadline, you can apply with the documents you have available.
In particular, a current transcript of records is required. Please note that the assessment result will only be finalized after you submit
your final degree certificate and transcript. Final admission is required to apply for a visa.
What do I need to submit if I want to apply for the Master program?
To complete the application, please prepare the following documents as PDF-files (unless specified otherwise).
At the time of application, it is sufficient to submit electronic documents, i.e. no hardcopies need to be sent.
For enrolment, original documents have to be provided, which will be checked against the electronic documents.
The following electronic documents (PDF) are mandatory:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Degree certificate(s) (original language)
- Degree certificate(s) (certified translation)
- Transcript of records (original language and certified translation)
- English language qualification certificate (e.g. TOEFL; see further details)
The following electronic documents (PDF) are not mandatory, but very useful for the evaluation of your application and therefore highly recommended:
- Description of subjects covered during your previous studies, e.g. syllabi or module handbooks
- Letter of motivation
(Please consider these guidelines for your Letter of Motivation.)
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- 1–2 letters of recommendation from faculty staff of a university or research institute (PDF; can also be sent in paper form, if to be handled confidentially)
- copy or summary of bachelor/master thesis (please add a summary of one page to the application)
- Further qualifications (e.g. certificates of internships or jobs that are related to Cognitive Science, awards, prices or a list of scientific publications)
- guidelines (Akademische Prüfstelle; only for applicants from the People´s Republic of China, Mongolia, and Vietnam).
Further information can be found „here“.
When applying, German proficiency is not required. However, the University of Kaiserslautern requires a proof of German proficiency within the first year of studies. This can be obtained while you study by taking a German course on A1 level, or by providing a certificate from a Goethe Institute on A2 level.
There are sometimes problems with mail delivery to hotmail-addresses. If this concerns you, please indicate an alternative email address. If you expect an email, please also contact firstname.lastname@example.org.